April 05, 2008

JACC State '08 and my 1 year blogversary

I began my adventures into blogging about a year ago, almost to the day. I started it after attending the JACC State convention in Sacramento.

Since then, it has taken on many different forms. Color changes, wording, titles, it has all changed.

Now, a year later, I'm at the 2008 JACC State convention again, this time in Los Angeles. Many things have changed for me since last year. Mostly good and all for the better.

This post, is of sorts my "one year anniversary" post as well as my 40th published piece. In my very first post, I published some of the photographs that I had created at the "on the spot" competitions. Now I would like to post the ones that I hhave created this year.

Friday started with the on the spot feature photo contest.



California Science Center employee of 4 years Terence London, stretches while running the "cliff wall" as patrons and students walk by in a lobby of the center. "It's and alright job," London said. "Different employees may think differently but I just see it as a job."

Then later that day Lauren and I participated in Team Feature 2.0 which is a new twist to the original team feature contest but now its done via Soundslides.

Here is a portrait that I took of a man named Enrique Robalcaba and he is a Olvera Street Merchant.



Please stayed tuned for the soundslide of a feature.

As well as on the spot contests, JACC has "mail-in" contests in which the schools mail in the best published work from through out the previous semester. Last night, the awards were presented were I won 3rd place in Front Page Magazine Lay out for this: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2019/2179176024_79f0ee9581.jpg

and 4th place Feature Photo for this I believe it was: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/2049075580_339cb304ab.jpg

Then today, after staying up until 5am editing audio for our soundslide, I participated in the On The Spot Sports Photo Contest were I captured this image.



University of Southern California Junior, Andrew Piotrowski serves to Pierre Mouillon and Bozhidar Katsarov of the University of California Golden Bears on court three of the USC Trojan's Tennis courts on Sat. April, 5. Piotrowski, who was red shirted last year, transfered to USC from Oakville Trafalgar High School in Oakville, Ontario.

Tonight, at 8pm are the awards for the On The Spot contests and for the bring-in contest. So I need to finish getting dressed and get down there.

Thank you for reading.

-AGR

No comments: